Dental Crowns – Hurst, TX
Restore Your Tooth’s Structure and Function
Do you currently have an annoying chip in your tooth? Do you have a tooth with an incredibly large cavity? Is there something just off about one of your teeth? Then, getting a dental crown in Hurst, TX may be able to help restore your tooth’s structure and function. These custom restorations can also improve the appearance of severely stained, worn-down, or misshapen teeth. If one or more of your teeth meets the criteria above, you may be a good candidate for dental crowns from Cimarron Family Dentistry.
Why Choose Cimarron Family Dentistry for Dental Crowns?
- Tooth-Colored Materials for Improved Aesthetics
- Modern, Comfortable Dental Office Space
- Can Last Up to 10-15 Years with Proper Care
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a “cap” that is shaped and designed to fit right over your problem tooth. Crowns can restore a tooth’s shape, size, and general appearance. Each one is custom-made to meet your unique smile needs. While not designed to last forever, crowns can remain in place for upwards of 10-15 years if you take proper care of them with regular oral hygiene and dental checkups.
Are Dental Crowns Right for You?
You may be a candidate for a dental crown if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You have a weak tooth that needs help staying in one piece
- You have a broken tooth that needs to be protected from further damage
- You have a tooth with a large filling that needs extra protection because there isn’t a lot of natural tooth left
- You need to hold a dental bridge in place
- One of your teeth was recently treated with root canal therapy
- You need to cover a dental implant
- You want to cover a cosmetically displeasing tooth
How Does the Crown Procedure Work?
Before placing a crown, your dentist in Hurst must take x-rays to determine there is no infection present that would warrant root canal therapy. If everything looks good, we can begin the treatment process.
First, the area around the tooth is numbed with local anesthetic, and the tooth is either filed down or built up so that it can support your restoration. After reshaping your tooth, we’ll take an impression of the tooth as well as its surrounding teeth to design your crown. These impressions are sent off to our partnered dental lab, where they will craft your crown out of ceramic materials. In the meantime, we’ll fit you with a temporary plastic crown. A few weeks later, when your permanent crown is delivered to our office, we’ll remove your temporary and cement your new restoration into place.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns in Hurst come with a wealth of benefits for your smile and oral health, such as:
- Relieving symptoms like discomfort that come from having a broken tooth
- Protecting your natural tooth from further damage
- Requiring only two appointments to place
- Improving the appearance of unsightly teeth
- Being custom made to fit into your smile
- Being able to last for over a decade before replacement is required
If you believe that your smile could benefit from getting a dental crown, don’t hesitate to contact us right away. We look forward to improving your smile!
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am In Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services